Like what you read?

Official Comments Policy:

This is my blog and I reserve the right to delete any comments that don't abide by these rules and/or don't contribute to the overall intellectual atmosphere of the blog. I don't mind comments from people who disagree with me, as I am very much open to reconsidering or revising anything that I write.

1. No swearing or otherwise profane language.
2. No insults or otherwise abusive language, toward me or any other commenter.
3. No spamming or trolling.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Who Bullies the Bullies?

Okay, so not quite as meaningful a title as the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode I patterned the title after, but I wanted to draw attention to a horrible pro-choice site. They have a list of pro-life people (most, or probably all, of whom are peaceful advocates), calling them bullies and giving their actual addresses and phone numbers. The site is VOChoice. It never ceases to amaze me how inconsistent pro-choice people can be in their own ideology (giving out peoples' private information against their will), as well as how uninformed pro-choice people can actually be (under the guise of being the informers). One of my friends was on their "bully list" (which are really just people who protest peacefully in front of abortion clinics, such as for the 40 Days for Life campaign which is currently in full swing), but after complaints he was apparently taken off their list. This is just truly a low thing for anyone to do, on any side of the issue.

2 comments:

  1. I read that this stared as a retaliation to prolifers calling and harassing the staff of the clinics. Peaceful protests should be encouraged! but both sides have people who are taking things too far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's possible. The problem, though, is that they are undiscriminating. For example, a friend of mine, who is my personal pro-life mentor, appeared on this list and he has never harrassed anyone. They're putting peaceful pro-life protesters on this list and putting them in potential danger.

      Delete